Need something healthy, delicious, and quick on the menu this week? I have a winner for you!
Vegetarian Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers- any color
- 1 cup quinoa
- 15oz. can black beans
- 1 cup corn (frozen/can/or fresh!)
- 2 green onions
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (it’s a vegan substitute for cheese- you can use your favorite cheese too if you’re not vegan)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs hemp seeds
- optional things to add: tomatoes, green chiles
- optional toppings: guacamole, more salsa, more cheese (for non-vegan)!
Cook quinoa according to package directions- you can use vegetable broth instead of water for more flavor. Meanwhile, halve bell peppers, remove seeds, stems, and ribs and preheat oven to 350.
Rinse and drain black beans, corn, and slice the green onions. In a large bowl add the cooked quinoa and all remaining ingredients except for the bell peppers. Salt and add additional spices to taste!
In a lightly oiled/sprayed 9×13″ baking dish, place your bell peppers cut side up. Fill/stuff each with a generous amount of filling. Make sure to fill all the crevices – press down and keep stuffing! Cover dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes more. Enjoy!