How does Taco Tuesday sound today!? Mix it up and do an all veggie version that I promise won’t make you miss the meat.
Black Bean & Roasted Veggie Tacos
- 1.5 cups cored, seeded and diced, tomatoes
- 1.5 cups corn kernels (can, frozen or fresh!)
- 1.5 heaping cups of diced zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1.5 heaping cups of diced yellow squash (about 1 squash)
- 3/4 small yellow onion, chopped (a little less than 1 cup)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1 bell pepper)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed and warmed
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Corn tortillas
- Queso fresco, shredded cheese, or feta for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Place the tomatoes, corn, zucchini, squash, onion and bell pepper on a large baking sheet. **make sure all the pieces are cut about the same size- except for the tomatoes. You can cut them a little larger- they will shrink in size**
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder & salt and pepper. Drizzle this mixture over the veggies on your baking sheet- toss evenly to coat and spread them out.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes- toss and spread out- then roast for 10 more minutes.
- When the veggies are almost finished, warm up your black beans and toss them with salt and the rest of your chili powder, 1/2 tsp.
- Once the veggies are finished roasting, add the black beans to them as well as the chopped cilantro and then drizzle lime juice over everything! Toss.
- Heat up your corn tortillas in a skillet with a little bit of oil so they get some nice golden brown spots.
- Then, serve ’em up and enjoy! Top with the cheese of your choice, sour cream, salsa- whatever you like!
These are amazing the next day as well. I take a non-stick skillet and pour the veggie mixture on one side with a little olive oil and a couple corn tortillas on the other side- warm everything up and then enjoy them all over again!