Being that this is my third pregnancy – I have down to a science what I like and don’t like during pregnancy and immediately post pregnancy. I thought I would share some of my tried and true basic must- haves.
Almost 28 weeks and still wearing one of my favorite dresses for pre/during/and post pregnancy! What makes it even more amazing–it has POCKETS! Oh…and it’s on sale for $35.
- Palmers Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Lotion & Cream. There is nothing better than this stuff. I have slathered it on myself for all of my pregnancies and it moisturizes my skin without breaking it out or giving me any kind of weird pregnancy reaction. I swear by this stuff. Every time I take a shower I slather it on. It’s a process to cover all the new surface area 😉 but I promise, it’s worth it.
- Belly Support Belt. There are two that I like and love- this one that I can wear under my clothes any time I’m needing just a little extra support- and this one that I wear when I’m working out because it gives me enough support for running etc.
- Body Pillow. Let’s be honest- sleeping is tough while pregnant. Between the aches and pains, constantly having to get up to go to the bathroom, and someone kicking you from the inside- anything to help me fall asleep and stay asleep is well worth the $. This pillow is dreamy. It supports in all the right places.
- BeMaternity BeBand. This is great for several reasons- while you still may be able to fit in to some of your pants, you may not be able to button them. Slip this on and it takes care of that problem! It’s second purpose is- later on when you belly button likes to show through clothes… wear this and it smooths out any lumps and bumps under a tighter fitting top or dress!
- Old Navy & Target Tanks. These are simple and cheap. I wear these under kimonos, over bikinis, with my workout shorts – you name it, it’s my go-to maternity top. They are comfy, stretchy and cheap. Plus, they come in a million colors…however, I seem to own just the black and grey ones.
- Tote Savvy. Now these are just amazing. I hate having to buy stuff just for one purpose – i.e. a diaper bag – these amazing things turn any bag into a diaper bag! I can use any of my oversized bags or backpacks and have them perfectly organized for baby! Now… I don’t have one YET- they weren’t around when my first two were born- but my sister has one and uses it daily. I can’t wait to get the mini one for my backpack and the original for my totes!
- Post baby support. Ok. I can not say enough about this- and because of that, I’m just going to say, for now, you need to purchase this. I will do more on post baby girdles/binders once baby is here but until then, if you are expecting, just take my word for it and buy yourself these two. The first is the Belly Bandit Bamboo wrap. I wear this one immediately after baby- when I am still in the hospital. I have csections and tell every mama I know that is having a csection how necessary this sucker is. The second one is for a few weeks after when my swelling has gone down a bit and I’m feeling a little more comfortable. It is the Bellefit Postpartum Corset and I wear it morning and night for a couple months (I do take it off from time to time just for a breather- obviously) I know it is pricey but it is well worth it. I promise.
I promise that you will love ALL of these items. They are sure to make your pregnancy and post-pregnancy better/easier! Enjoy!