Today I’m going to share a party favorite with you! We make this every Super Bowl – and it I always end up wishing I made more. First rule- always double this recipe. It is delicious! Enjoy!
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 cups plain unsalted popcorn – takes about 1/2 cup of kernels
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Take a large rimmed baking sheet, butter it, and set aside. Pop your popcorn and place on the baking sheet.
- In a saucepan or pot, bring the butter, brown sugar, and 2 tbsp of water to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Drizzle this syrup over the popcorn and toss to coat every piece! Spread evenly on the baking sheet. (try not to eat it all right now..this is where I struggle)
- Bake, tossing occasionally, until golden and shiny. Do not overcook! I usually pull it out after about 30minutes. Let it cool on buttered foil or parchment paper.
- Once cooled, melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the popcorn! (A little tip- once melted, put the chocolate in a ziploc baggie and cut off a little bit from the corner- makes for an easy way to drizzle and an easy clean up! Just throw the baggie in the trash!)
- Allow to cool until the chocolate has hardened and then store in an airtight container- if it even lasts that long!